18th Annual Wellfleet OysterFest
October 13 & 14, 2018
10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine
Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc., is pleased to invite you to apply for the 18th annual Wellfleet OysterFest. SPAT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to sustaining Wellfleet’s shellfishing and aquaculture industries.
The fee to apply is $20 and is not refundable.
Booth fee: $450.
Applications are due by April 30, 2018. You will be notified of the status of your application in late May. All application and payment deadlines are firm and there will be no exceptions.
All communication will be electronic. It is your responsibility to provide an accurate email address, check your email regularly, and respond promptly to SPAT emails. No paper mailings will be made prior to the ‘Fest.
Parking passes and admissions bracelets will be distributed when you arrive for event set up or can be picked up on site Friday afternoon. You will be required to provide a list of staff who will be attending to your booth by Monday, October 8. If staff will be arriving during ‘Fest hours, they will be required to check-in at the Volunteer check-in table to receive their admission bracelets.
All food vendors and raw bar operators will be required to carry liability insurance. Amounts required are $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate, and both the Town of Wellfleet and Wellfleet SPAT must be named as additional insured.
If you already have insurance, you will be required to provide a current certificate of insurance prior to the ‘Fest. You will receive instructions on how to do this upon acceptance.
If you do not already have insurance you can purchase Vendor Liability Insurance for the OysterFest only, at a cost of $50 from Francis L. Dean & Associates. Click HERE for the application.
Terms & Conditions for Participation
Below you will find important information, some of it new. Please read everything carefully. Checking the box on this form indicates that you have read, understand and agree to all of these conditions.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Wellfleet OysterFest GENERAL Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘Fest will be held on October 13 and 14, 2018 from 10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine.
2. Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the ‘Fest in the event of an Act of God or other unavoidable circumstance. The right to cancel shall continue during the course of the ‘Fest itself.
3. Previous participation in the event does not guarantee acceptance and SPAT reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
4. SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any vendor or their agent, without refund, who has misrepresented their product or service.
5. Vendors must agree to adhere to the hours of the ‘Fest and operate their booth from 10 am until 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Accepted Vendors will be assigned spaces as the organizers see fit. SPAT reserves the right to relocate spaces as necessary.
7. Vendors must be in their assigned spaces no later than 8 am each morning or will be considered to have forfeited their right to their designated booth space.
8. Vehicles are not to remain in the festival area or be used as part of display unless prearranged with SPAT.
9. Vehicles will not be permitted to drive in and out during festival hours of 8:30 am – 6 pm.
10. Smoking and drinking alcohol in your booth is not permitted. Wellfleet SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any exhibitor or their agents who are in violation of this health code.
11. SPAT strives to make the Wellfleet OysterFest a sustainable and ‘green’ event. Please use recyclable and biodegradable material wherever possible. Please eliminate or reduce the use of plastic.
12. The use of Styrofoam is prohibited.
13. Cardboard disposal has become a problem in recent years. Your cooperation in minimizing cardboard disposal on site is essential. Please remove as much packaging as possible before delivering materials to the ‘Fest grounds.
14. Application fees are not refundable under any circumstances. Once a vendor has confirmed their participation, cancellations MUST be made in writing before September 13, 2018 or 100% of the booth fee will be forfeited. All refunds will be issued by check regardless of payment method. Credit card fees and a $30 processing fee will be deducted.
15. Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold SPAT and its agents, employees, officers and members of the board of directors harmless from any loss or injury to person or property, including loss of life associated with or arising from the agreement hereunder. Applicant shall indemnify and hold SPAT organizers and all those associates listed above harmless and shall pay damages, costs and expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees that may be incurred or paid by SPAT in connection with any litigation arising from this application..
Wellfleet OysterFest Terms & Conditions for FOOD TENT VENDORS
1. All spaces are approximately 10’x12′. Vendors are responsible for providing their own equipment. Certain equipment may be available to rent through SPAT, for a fee. Rental fees will be billed directly to the Vendor and must be paid prior to the start of the ‘Fest.
2. Each Food Tent vendor will receive two 8’ tables and one designated parking space within a few feet of their vending space for the entire day. Only one vehicle per booth will be allowed into the ‘Fest and vehicles will not be permitted to drive in and out during festival hours of 8:30 am – 6 pm.
3. Food Tent Vendors may only use TWO 110v power outlets.
4. All Vendors are responsible for properly disposing of their used cooking oil. A grease bin will be located behind the Main Food Tent for this purpose.
5. All Vendors are responsible for leaving their work areas clean and in good condition. Vendors who leave a mess behind will not be invited back.
6. All propane tanks must be secured to prevent any accidents. All propane equipment will be inspected by the Fire Department and Plumbing Inspector each morning of the event.
7. All hot oil cookers/fryolators must be commercially approved or you must have permission from the fire department.
8. Charcoal grills are not allowed per order of the fire department.
9. The use of generators is discouraged. If you must use a generator, only the quietest inverter generator may be used.
10. All food vendors must apply for a Temporary Food Establishment Permit (TFE) from the Town of Wellfleet by August 25, 2018.
11. The Board of Health will conduct an on-site inspection each morning of the event, beginning at 8:00 am, to issue a food permit. If a Vendor does not obtain a TFE permit, SPAT must deny that food vendor their right to sell food products at the festival.
12. HACCP or ServSafe certified person must be at your site throughout the day.
13. All food vendors must prepare their food in an approved commercial kitchen. Food preparation is not permitted on site.
14. All food vendors are required to participate in the Volunteer Food Voucher Program. This program provides our volunteers with three $5 coupons that can be used for food and/or beverages at the vendor of their choice. Vendors will be reimbursed $2.50 for each food voucher they submit. Your participation in this program is essential to the success of the ‘Fest. There would be no ‘Fest without our volunteers.