19th Annual Wellfleet OysterFest
October 19 & 20, 2019
10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine
Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc., is pleased to invite you to participate in the 19th annual Wellfleet OysterFest. SPAT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to fostering Wellfleet’s shellfishing and aquaculture industries.
Booth Fee: $100
Confirmations and booth fee payments are due by May 1, 2019. All payment deadlines are firm and there will be no exceptions.
NEW THIS YEAR
Per order of the Wellfleet Police Department alcohol consumption is not allowed in your booth at any time. This includes during breakdown on Saturday and Sunday evening. No alcohol consumption is allowed anywhere in the festival areas after 5pm on Saturday or Sunday.
Say NO PLASTIC Policy
SPAT is continuing its efforts to make the OysterFest more sustainable by reducing the amount of plastic waste. This year the following plastic items are not allowed:
· Plastic beverage bottles
· Plastic utensils (including oyster forks)
· Plastic straws and stirrers
· Plastic cups and lids, including portion cups
We are discouraging the use of all plastics, including plastic wrap and prepackaged oyster crackers and condiments. Instead, consider providing these products in bulk and offer paper soufflé cups for individual servings as needed. Products made of bamboo, wood, palm leaves, paperboard, sugarcane (BAGASSE), and unlined paper are available. Check out this website for more information on the kind of products available. Your food service vendor probably has lots of options also. We understand that paper soup and hot beverage cups are lined with plastic or Polylactic Acid (PLA) but please consider choosing paper lids in lieu of plastic. If you need help finding appropriate products please let us know.
Parking, Admission, etc.
Parking passes and admissions bracelets will be distributed when you arrive for event set up or can be picked up on site on Friday afternoon.
Terms & Conditions for Participation
Below you will find important information, some of it new. Please read it carefully. Checking the box on this form indicates that you have read, understand and agree to all of these conditions.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Wellfleet OysterFest GENERAL Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘Fest will be held on October 19 and 20, 2019 from 10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine.
2. Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the ‘Fest in the event of an Act of God or other unavoidable circumstance. The right to cancel shall continue during the course of the ‘Fest itself.
3. Previous participation in the event does not guarantee acceptance and SPAT reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
4. SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any vendor or their agent, without refund, who has misrepresented their product or service.
5. Vendors must agree to adhere to the hours of the ‘Fest and operate their booth from 10am until 5pm both on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Accepted Vendors will be assigned spaces as the organizers see fit. SPAT reserves the right to relocate spaces as necessary.
7. Vendors must be in their assigned spaces no later than 8 am each morning or will be considered to have forfeited their right to their designated booth space.
8. Vehicles are not to remain in the festival area or be used as part of display unless prearranged with SPAT.
9. Vehicles will not be permitted to drive in and out during festival hours of 8:30 am – 6 pm.
10. Smoking and drinking alcohol in your booth is not permitted. Wellfleet SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any exhibitor or their agents who are in violation of this health code.
11. SPAT is implementing a new Say NO to Plastic policy. Please review it carefully.
12. Cardboard disposal has become a problem in recent years. Your cooperation in minimizing cardboard disposal on site is essential. Please remove as much packaging as possible before delivering materials to the ‘Fest grounds.
13. Vendor cancellations MUST be made by September 15, 2019 or your booth fee will be forfeited.
14. Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold SPAT and its agents, employees, officers and members of the board of directors harmless from any loss or injury to person or property, including loss of life associated with or arising from the agreement hereunder. Applicant shall indemnify and hold SPAT organizers and all those associates listed above harmless and shall pay damages, costs and expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees that may be incurred or paid by SPAT in connection with any litigation arising from this application.
Wellfleet OysterFest Terms & Conditions for COMMUNITY PARTNERS
1. Wellfleet SPAT is responsible to its mission and gives preference to residents and organizations of Wellfleet and Cape Cod and those who align with the organization’s mission or bring educational content to the event.
2. All booth spaces are 10’x10’. Tents are required.
3. No overflow and/or storage is allowed outside of your booth space.
4. Vendors are responsible for providing all of their own equipment, including but not limited to tents, tables, chairs, etc.
5. Wellfleet SPAT will not provide water, electricity, other utilities or rain protection, nor will local businesses.
6. All tents must be sufficiently weighted as the festival is held on pavement and cannot be staked into. High winds are common and unsecured tents are a danger to everyone! Exhibitors will not be allowed to set up tents without weights.
7. Sharing of booths is not allowed unless all occupants have applied for and been accepted for participation in the ‘Fest.
The deadline for confirming your participation in the 2019 OysterFest has passed. Sorry!