17th Annual Wellfleet OysterFest
October 14 & 15, 2017
10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine
Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc., is pleased to invite you to apply for the 17th annual Wellfleet OysterFest. SPAT is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization devoted to sustaining Wellfleet’s shellfishing and aquaculture industries.
The fee to apply is $20 and is not refundable.
Booth fee: $450.
Applications are due by May 26, 2017. You will be notified of the status of your application by mid-June. All application and payment deadlines are firm and there will be no exceptions.
NEW THIS YEAR
No mailings will be made prior to the ‘Fest. All applications and information will be distributed electronically. Please provide a valid email address and pay close attention to it in the months and weeks leading up the ‘Fest. You are responsible for providing a correct email address and for making sure to check it regularly for important ‘Fest information.
Parking passes and admissions bracelets will be distributed when you arrive for event set up or can be picked up on site on Friday afternoon. You will be required to provide a list of staff who will be attending to your booth by Monday, October 9. If they will be arriving during ‘Fest hours, they will be required to check-in at the Volunteer check-in table to receive their admission bracelets.
All food vendors and raw bar operators will be required to carry liability insurance. Amounts required are $1 million per occurrence/$3 million aggregate, and the Town of Wellfleet and Wellfleet SPAT must be named as additional insured.
If you already have insurance, you will be required to upload a current certificate of insurance with this application. If your insurance renewal happens between now and the ‘Fest, you will be required to provide an updated certificate that demonstrates insurance through the dates of the ‘Fest, October 14 & 15, as soon as possible.
If you do not carry liability insurance you can get a two-day event policy under SPAT’s insurance policy for $70 per vendor. Please check the box below if you would like to purchase vendor insurance and we will send you an application.
Below you will find important information, some of it new. Please read it carefully. Checking the box on this form indicates that you have read, understand and agree to all of these conditions.
Thanks for your cooperation!
Wellfleet OysterFest GENERAL Terms & Conditions
1. The ‘Fest will be held on October 14 and 15, 2017 from 10 am – 5 pm, rain or shine.
2. Wellfleet SPAT, Shellfish Promotion and Tasting, Inc. reserves the right to cancel the ‘Fest in the event of an Act of God or other unavoidable circumstance. The right to cancel shall continue during the course of the ‘Fest itself.
3. Previous participation in the event does not guarantee acceptance and SPAT reserves the right to accept or reject any application.
4. SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any vendor or their agent, without refund, who has misrepresented their product or service.
5. Vendors must agree to adhere to the hours of the ‘Fest and operate their booth from 10 am until 5 pm on Saturday and Sunday.
6. Accepted Vendors will be assigned spaces as the organizers see fit. SPAT reserves the right to relocate spaces as necessary.
7. Vendors must be in their assigned spaces no later than 8 am each morning or will be considered to have forfeited their right to their designated booth space.
8. Vehicles are not to remain in the festival area or be used as part of display unless prearranged with SPAT.
9. Vehicles will not be permitted to drive in and out during festival hours of 8:30 am – 6 pm.
10. Smoking and drinking alcohol in your booth is not permitted. Wellfleet SPAT reserves the right to dismiss any exhibitor or their agents who are in violation of this health code.
11. SPAT strives to make the Wellfleet OysterFest a sustainable and ‘green’ event. Please use recyclable and biodegradable material wherever possible.
12. The use of Styrofoam is prohibited.
13. Cardboard disposal has become a problem in recent years. Your cooperation in minimizing cardboard disposal on site is essential. Please remove as much packaging as possible before delivering materials to the ‘Fest grounds.
14. Vendor cancellations MUST be made by September 13, 2017 or booth fee will be forfeited.
15. Applicant agrees to indemnify and hold SPAT and its agents, employees, officers and members of the board of directors harmless from any loss or injury to person or property, including loss of life associated with or arising from the agreement hereunder. Applicant shall indemnify and hold SPAT organizers and all those associates listed above harmless and shall pay damages, costs and expenses and reasonable attorney’s fees that may be incurred or paid by SPAT in connection with any litigation arising from this application.
Wellfleet OysterFest Terms & Conditions for FOOD TENT VENDORS
1. All spaces are approximately 10’x10’. Vendors are responsible for providing their own equipment. Certain equipment may be available to rent through SPAT, for a fee. Rental fees will be billed directly to the Vendor and must be paid prior to the start of the ‘Fest.
2. Each Food Tent vendor will receive two 8’ tables and one designated parking space within a few feet of their vending space for the entire day. Only one vehicle per booth will be allowed into the ‘Fest and vehicles will not be permitted to drive in and out during festival hours of 8:30 am – 6 pm.
3. Food Tent Vendors may only use TWO 110v power outlets.
4. All Vendors are responsible for properly disposing of their used cooking oil. A grease bin will be located behind the Main Food Tent for this purpose.
5. All propane tanks must be secured to prevent any accidents. Tanks larger than 20# must be approved by the Fire Department. All propane equipment will be inspected by the Fire Department and Plumbing Inspector each morning of the event.
6. All hot oil cookers/fryolators must be commercially approved or you must have permission from the fire department.
7. Charcoal grills are not allowed per order of the fire department.
8. The use of generators is discouraged. If you must use a generator, only the quietest inverter generator may be used.
9. All food vendors must apply for a Temporary Food Establishment Permit (TFE) from the Town of Wellfleet.
10. The Board of Health will conduct an on-site inspection each morning of the event, beginning at 8:00 am, to issue a food permit. If a Vendor does not obtain a TFE permit, SPAT must deny that food vendor their right to sell food products at the festival.
11. HACCP or ServSafe certified person must be at your site throughout the day.
12. All food vendors must prepare their food in an approved commercial kitchen. Food preparation is not permitted on site.
13. All food vendors are required to participate in the Volunteer Food Voucher Program. This program provides our volunteers with up to $10 worth of food vouchers that can be used to obtain food or beverages at any food vendor booth. Vendors will be reimbursed for 50% of the food voucher value. Your participation in this program is essential to the success of the ‘Fest. There would be no ‘Fest without our volunteers.